The developers have already found a number of new useful improvements.
Usually, access to the first beta of a new version of Android is opened during the I / O conference in May, but this year the cycle has been accelerated. Without waiting for this event, following the OS preview , Google released a more stable Android 13 Beta 1 for Pixel.
You can get the firmware both by downloading the image from the site, and through an OTA update . Pixel 4 models and later are supported. You can confirm participation in testing the new OS on the official Google website .
Among the important changes in Android 13, discovered by the developers:
- a new media player plate in a curtain with a wavy line on the already listened to part of the track;
- support for Bluetooth Low Energy (LE) Audio;
- a new photo picker that lets you restrict app access to your photos;
- new tint sets for dynamic color themes;
- the ability to control smart home devices without unlocking the smartphone;
- new clipboard editing options, including changing text;
- permission for applications to access certain types of files;
- extended support for styluses for tablets.
Also, the developers found in the settings of Android 13 Beta 1 hints of the appearance of face unlock. This feature is not yet active, but even the very fact of working in this direction should please the owners of smartphones Pixel 6, who have far from the fastest and most accurate fingerprint scanner.
The release of Android 13 should take place in the fall. Before the full launch, there will be several more beta versions with new improvements.